Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: S-C.net Roleplaying Board

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mahyla and I were brainstorming on IRC and we came up with a wicked idea.

    This particular board is much better suited to general chatting than to roleplaying. (All the threads go in together.)

    For generalized chatting this is fabulous. But we thought that maybe one of the reasons the Group Therapy blog hadn't had many posters was that it was the only thing at its particular location and people didn't remember to go over there too often.

    Plus it seemed like a good fun idea that needed more encouraging.

    Plus we had lots of ideas for similar types of things...

    so I made a roleplaying-specific board over at Proboards, where you can create individualized sub-boards.

    There's a general discussion area, and a sub-board for each specific game idea we've got.

    Tsukiyama, what do you think? I made a slot for the Group Therapy blog if you want to see if it gets more activity at a place with several things to chat about...

    because this place has the advantage of lots of things to chat about but isn't particularly roleplay-structure-compatible...

    so...

    anyway...

    check it out:

    http://sakuracrisis.proboards22.com

    To try to keep down on the spammers, I password-protected it. The password you'll need to see the contents of the board is:

    sakuracrisis

    You can register your Hostboard names over there if you like, but please don't register any S-C.net character names because it'll get confusing if someone else is playing that character on a different board!

    People can play different characters on different boards; just read whatever sticky's at the top of that board.

    And please pardon the color scheme, I swear I'll fix it later... @_@ this was just "get it up and running" mode...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've signed up! Of course, my name over there is Carole...and I've picked a character for the Life in Yukiverse section.....three guesses who it is..

    .....

    Cain XD How could I not! If I can't have him in real life...at least I can play him in Yukiverse T_T

    And drat...it seems you can't upload avatars there...looks like I'm going to have to figure something out...avatars are pretty ;_;

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Carole Ann ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^____^ cool! (so that means I wouldn't be the first person signing up for a character there just because I made the board... so I'm now free to shamelessly be the *second* person there and sign up for Riff... ^__~)

    By the way, more moderators and more games are welcome - give your concept a test drive in the Crossoverama board (make two threads, one for the rules of your game and chara signups and the other for the actual game play). Anything that turns out wildly popular there can get its own board and whoever's running the game will be its mod...

    Ed: Actually yes you can pick a custom avatar - it just has to be hosted somewhere! If you have any webspace where you can tuck an avatar, there's a section of your profile that lets you link to it that way...

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL , Risu-chan XD


    Yeah, i noticed that you have to host you're own avatar...now to find a place that alows remote linking and won't show some ugly ad XD

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Carole Ann ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    upon sighning in, there is this close [You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. ]

    (yeah, I'm one of those poeple who actualy always read the aggeements, however long they are) do we realy need to folow the "sexually oriented" thing? roleplaying would be a bit less fun if we can't do that ( I'm sounding a bit like pervert but hey! ill take Takimiya for a caracter anytime ^^ )

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL

    Cutelittlekitty and me were just having a discussion about this on the chanel...

    I always thought that directing those things towards another member and directing them towards an RPG character were two different things. Plus the whole thing is password protected ::shrugs::

    But in the end it's what the host thinks.
    Anyways we could always keep a log of the posts and if we get shut down all we'd have to do is re-post them at another message board and keep on playing.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^__^ I started off a Yukiverse setup... anyone want to go play?

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awesome idea, Risu...and I like how the board has all these different topic folders. *__* C'mon everyone, let's have a blast role-playing! XD (Oh, and sexualy oriented? *blink blink* We wouldn't dreaaaaaam about it...*cough cough*)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member xjckimberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2003
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm. Recently some people must have noticed my dissaperrence from the message boards, and sparodic appearrences on the IRC channel. That's because: 1. I have been freaking busy, and 2: Stupid me din bookmark the message board, so once S-C.net went down, I could not access it at all. Sigh. Okay.

    Gotta rush for next Japanese lesson now. Shall resolve to check back more often.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dahlink!
    How did I miss this thread? I feel quite flustered with anticipation- I've been thinking of writing some sort of new weblog, specifically for groupblogging and roleplaying - nothing currently available has all the features really needed.
    I'm off to take a look now <3

    +update+
    Just reading the god goes on vacation thread: Yukiverse and the CLAMPverse as neigbours, snerk. ^^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ October 04, 2003 04:06 PM: Message edited by: tsukiyama ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •